Sunday 23 November 2014

Jerome Alexander Magic Minerals makeup review


Jerome Alexander Magic Minerals (all in one powder, concealer and foundation
blending sponge, powder brush and mascara)
Rate: 2/5 (would not personally recommend to everyone)

So this latest cosmetic sensation had everyone talking and I took the bullet for y'all by buying it and trying it out. At £11.00 including p&p it really wasn't expensive especially after claiming to be an all-in-one foundation, concealer and powder. I mean my everyday foundation (Boots No 7 stay perfect) costs £14.99. I must admit I was pretty excited to see how 'magical' this product really is but was thoroughly disappointed after applying it.

Firstly, the coverage was pretty sheer and light. The only way to achieve a more darker and decent coverage was to literally cake this powder product on. As I have combination/oily skin, I literally felt the powder disintegrate on my skin and constantly had to touch up. I personally feel that this wouldn't be ideal for quite dry skin either as being in the form of a powder, it would be quite flaky and stick to the dry patches. However, if you still want to give it a go I would definitely exfoliate, moisturize and prime your face properly before application.

Another issue I had with this cosmetic product was that their claim of it suiting "most skin tone" is limited to different shades of fair skin only. Im a medium skin tone and felt that the powder gave my face a paler almost grayish and ghostly complexion (guess I know how to do my make-up next Halloween) which I had to cover with a bronzer to restore some normality to my skin.

Overall totes not happy and I definitely would only recommend this to those of you with a 'normal' skin tone and fair complexion as it really wouldn't suit anyone else.

xoxo
Millie_Mesmerize

FB: Millie Mezmerize
IG: Millie_Mesmerize
Wordpress: Milliemesmerize



No comments:

Post a Comment